Skip to main content

A walk of faith ... Up for it?

With the intent of writing something each week at the back of my mind I realize, with a very small sense of disappointment, that it is some time since I wrote anything ... Not that there has been nothing to write about ... Very much the opposite in fact!!

Over the last few weeks I have had the opportunity to spend 10 days in Germany at a meeting of International Leaders from around the WEC world to plan and discuss future strategy and direction of the work of WEC worldwide. It is always a privilege to meet together with others from our international fellowship - and whilst we might not see each other very often our life together in Christ, which expresses itself in shared aims and objectives, is a rich blessing to be enjoyed!

No sooner had we returned from this then we were straight into the UK Conference here at Bulstrode for all UK workers and ministries. Again, whilst there is much diversity it is always an encouragement to regroup twice a year, refocus, share, pray and encourage each other in the things that the Lord has been and is leading us into. A word for those who couldn't make it this time ... We missed you! And hope look forward to seeing you next time in November!

I never cease to marvel at how the Lord can lead groups of people and bring them to a place of peace and unity about a certain course of direction, however 'insane' or 'impossible' it might seem look ... And, borne out of a conviction that the Lord brings vision and direction through the whole body rather than from the Leader down, I rejoice in the liberty I have as a WEC Leader that comes with seeing the Holy Spirit lead and guide. There is no need to manipulate and convince people, if the Lord is leading then He can make that perfectly clear to all who seek to follow Him ... And He so often does. Spiritual people discern Spiritual things! I praise God for a fellowship of discerning people!! We all come to Conference with our struggles and encouragements, diverse circumstances and ministries, desires and hopes ... Yet as we all lay these down and renounce our claims and ambitions, we find something far more precious ... His will and desires for us ...

Now we have to continue to serve to put these decisions into practice, and trust Him to provide what we need to do what He has asked us to do ... Whether that be personnel, expertise, finance etc ... No doubt, when we come back together in six months time, we will have more testimonies to share of His faithfulness ... Because if He doesn't act on our behalf then we are lost, because He stretches us well beyond our capacity and means.

If this is the life of faith you think you would like to live then get in touch, there is plenty of space for more in the fellowship ...


- Press on!
Follow me on twitter @johnbagg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labels

Who are you? I have never been a great fan of labels when it comes to describing members of the body of Christ. eg. he is anglican, she is Baptist, they are Charismatic, etc. etc. I remember once causing a man to become increasingly hot under the collar when he asked me who I was? To which I replied I was a disciple (follower) of Jesus. He was meaning which Church did I attend (presumably so he could classify me and decide whether I was bona fide or not) and my answer did not bring him peace, but I refused to go any further.  Why? Because, as I said, I am not a great fan of labels, but also because for me there is a very important distinction between primarily identifying myself with Jesus and identifying myself with Church. Of course, I recognise that by becoming a follower of Jesus I become part of the body of Christ, but that can be very distinct from being a member of a Church. To me this is the crucial difference between vibrant faith and dusty religion.  I want t

Homes I have lived in #3

This year I am celebrating my silver wedding anniversary ... Just for something to do I have begun to sketch all the houses we have lived in during that time. So here is house number #3 On our return to the UK we were faced with the question that faces all people in transition, what next? For us, we were encouraged by our friends to investigate further training and opted to spend a year with Kerygma ministries. We joined with a group of some 20 other people from various different cultures and backgrounds to join the ministry led by Dr Bob Gordon, based at Drayton Hall near Norwich. We spent one year here, between September 1993 and July 1994.   Significant events that took place here included: Suffered reverse culture shock, as I grappled with the transition from life in a mudhut in Africa to life in the UK in a Manor House! (Struggled with the amount of money being spent on a sign that was being placed outside when

Happy Christmas!

It is the middle of the last afternoon before going away for a few days to celebrate Christmas with family in the south west ... I hope the snow will permit the travel! I just wanted to write to say 'Happy Christmas' to all of you who work, pray and support the work of WEC International here in the UK. (And, of course, any who have stumbled across this website - get in touch if you have any questions about what you are reading.) As I come to the end of the year I am reaching the end of my 'read the Bible in a year' programme - which has been tremendously inspiring and ultimately very satisfying. I already have my plan for what to do next year and am starting with a 30 day study of John 15 'The True Vine' - Andrew Murray... can't wait. As with most Bible reading programmes the book of Revelation comes last - much of which is difficult to understand to say the least ... however some aspects ring through loudly and clearly, and are an encouragement to us all